Fwd: Education World's Headlines Newsletter, Volume 3, Issue38

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:21:27 -0400

Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.

>From: "Education News Headlines" <newsheadlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Education World's Headlines Newsletter, Volume 3, Issue38
>Date: Thu,  7 Oct 2004 09:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
>

>Volume 6, Issue 38
>October 07, 2004

>NEWS HEADLINES FROM EDUCATION WORLD
>
>This week's Wire Side Chat from Education World:
>* From Custodian to Principal
>School custodian Jack Yates worked to reach his dream of being a principal.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/chat/chat089.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/chat/chat089.shtml
>

>This week's Whatever It Takes article:
>* Welcome to Bennet Middle School
>A school with many challenges prepares for another year of helping
>students succeed.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/issues/issues411.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/issues/issues411.shtml
>

>This week's Lessons from Our Nation's Schools article:
>* Native American Schools Ponder, Assail Dropout Rates
>Reservation, public school officials search for ways to keep Native
>American teens in school.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/schools/schools023.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/schools/schools023.shtml
>

>This week's Administrators Desk articles:
>* A Community Pitches In to Repair Its Schools
>Volunteers' efforts save schools millions of dollars.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/admin/admin372.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/admin/admin372.shtml
>

>* How I Handled...
>Capping state-test week with a fun and educational reward.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/how_i_handled/how_i_handled035.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_admin/how_i_handled/how_i_handled035.shtml
>

>This week's NCLB Working article:
>* District Re-Organization Aimed at Improving Accountability
>A shake-up and support for teachers and paraprofessionals helped a
>district turn around.
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/nclbwork/nclbwork009.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/nclbwork/nclbwork009.shtml
>

>This week's No Educator Left Behind article:
>* No Educator Left Behind: State Certification
>How does the No Child Left Behind Act define full state certification?
>Source: Education World
><http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/NELB/NELB055.shtml>http://www.educationworld.com/a_issues/NELB/NELB055.shtml
>

>Don't be left behind! Read Education World's No Educator Left Behind series,
>which provides answers from the U.S. Department of Education to questions
>about the federal No Child Left Behind Act and how it will affect educators.
>To read past questions, go to No Educator Left Behind archives
> [...]

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE