[k-alumni-wg] alumni Meet Up #3 constitution and funding

  • From: Tomasz Kozakiewicz <tomasz2013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:25:09 +0200

Hi guys, below the email which we prepared with Jessica to be sent out to all graduates asap. Please confirm asap if we can send it out as we don't have much time! Tomek

Dear Kanthari graduates,

the global network of kantharis is gradually taking shape.

In the last months our working group has received valuable and very appreciated feedback from many of you.

As most of you were opting for a legal registration of our network we have:
- drafted a governing document and a web portal - for the future network
- developed 8 criteria for assessing the country most suitable for legal registration of an international association. Out of 8 analyzed countries have found out that Germany and Poland are the most promising in terms of access to donors, relatively low costs and good legal framework and availability of local kanthari graduates
- started investigating potential funding opportunities to build the capacity of our network

On coming Friday at 3.30PM (England time) we would love to hear what you have to say during the 3rd kanthari Alumni Meet Up Skype! If you want to participate reply to this email and make sure you have kanthari_plus in your Skype contacts! We will be sending out a detailed agenda tomorrow.

Recently we came across a European Program which funds capacity building projects of youth organizations between transcontinental youth organizations from Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa who cater to the needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged youths. A prerequisite of the funding is the establishment of mobility youth worker projects: training courses or job shadowings like internships of youth workers in partner organizations from other countries. We are planning to submit a proposal for this programme to see if we can get funds for implementing the activities of our network starting from next year: an online peer-learning system (teleconferencing software and web portal which could be accessed from areas with poor internet/eletricity infrastructure) and a way of making it possible for us to meet and learn from each other face-to-face.

The proposal is planned to be carried out by a transcontinental consortium of organizations co-founded by kanthari graduates which form the current working group: SolidarityFilmDoc (Tomek, Tijana , Poland), Views International (Jessica, Belgium), Thumbs Up Uganda (Samuel, Uganda), Bats in Action (Anja, Brazil), Always Reading Caravan (Yoshimi, Thailand) and ... (David, India). As David does not have a legally registered organization, a replacement is needed. To implementing organization who would submit the proposal to the European Comission and monitor the project would be Foundation for Social Economic Development from Poland who came up with the idea of the whole project.

Attached please find an excerpt from our draft project application which we would like to submit latest by 1st September 2015.

We believe that such a project could be a great start up to develop knowledge and exchange tools, increase the dissemination of these tools to the entire network of kanthari graduates and other grassroot changemakers.

We would be grateful if you can give us your opinion about our proposal considering the aspect, if we should apply for funding or not. Please send us a reply as soon as possible, so that we are able to take your advice into account. Further questions can be clarified during the 3rd kanthari Alumni Meet Up Skype coming Friday.

Best regards

Jessica,

--
on behalf of

kanthari alumni working group
Samuel - Uganda Anja - Brazil Yoshi - Thailand David - India Tijana
- Serbia

www.kanthariplus.org/working-group/ (objectives, meeting minutes)

Want to shape how the alumni network should be? Join our discussion list -
alumninetwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - by replying DISCUSSION to this email.