[k-alumni-wg] Thanks for today!

  • From: Tomasz <tomasz2013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 19:48:44 +0100

Hi guys!

I feel like we had a very productive meeting today! As a THANK YOU for you ALL - please find the meeting minutes below:

Please go through them carefully as each of us have something to be done before the pre-general assembly on Thursday! (It is indicated with *TO BE DONE - URGENT in bold)*

Have a great weekend ahead! Tomek

*Minutes from the **kanthari alumni WG meeting #29* - 10.12.2015
convener: Tomek / moderator: Samuel / minutes: Jessica

Attendees:
- Samuel Odwar, Uganda
- Yoshimi Horiuchi, Thailand
- Tijana Kaitovic, Serbia
- David Sexton, India
- Jessica Schroeder, Germany (second half due to Tomek's mistake)
- Anja Pfaffenzeller, Brazil (first half)
- Graham Varley, India (first half)

Agenda it. nr 1: Objective 1 Group - weekly progress report and plan - Tomek
GREEN - preparing email invitation for general assembly - Anja and Yoshi and Tomek
GREEN - sending out invitation for pre-general assembly by Tomek - so far we got 9 confirmed participants: Ojok, Chipo, Sristi, Sarita, Alieu, Lilian, Sahr, Lorena and Monicah plus 2 will try (Saa and Erick Matsanza)
ORANGE - Whatssapp/FB post?
Plan for coming week:
*TO BE DONE - URGENT:**regular Whatsapp and FB posts ahead of the Thursday Pre-General Assembly* - topics: invitation for assembly / name question / website design link / maybe also Plan for coming 3 months & advantages/disadvantages of registration in Poland/Germany
*TO BE DONE - URGENT:**preparing detailed agenda for pre-general assembly* - Tomek with input from Jessica (registration) and Samuel (3 month plan) by 13th Dec
*TO BE DONE - URGENT: **personal invitations to network members*:
*Tomek:* Lorena, Sahr, Monicah, Jyotshna, Funbi, Olutayo
*Samuel: *Steven Wambi, Gram Tinashe Makwarimba, Tapiwa Gwenlisa
*Tijana:* Nagendra, Charles De Gold, Nelson Owoicho
*Yoshi:* Hussni Bugis, Khom Raj Sharma
*Jessi: *Pynhoi, Mohamed Salia
*David: *Muhamad Babar, Deginet Wotango
*Anja:* Femi Ogundare, Nelson Kardor

Agenda it. nr 2: Pre-General-Assembly Agenda for 17th December at usual WG meeting time: 6.30am California, 6.30pm Uganda, 9.30pm Thailand - who will prepare/present which points?
moderator: *Graham */ convener:*Tomek */ streaming: *David* / meeting minutes:*Jessi, Tijana and Yoshi*
1. Report about what the working group has achieved so far - *Tomek*
2. Final name of network: kanthari alumni network, kanthari global network, kanthari changemakers network - *Anja*
3. Advantages/Disadvantages of Registration in Poland and Germany - *Jessica*
4. Means of communication (what what works/what not, how to organize a general assembly) - *David*
5. Way forward - Plan for coming 3 months - *Samuel *

Agenda it. nr 3: Website developer status - Tijana/Tomek
GREEN - 6.000 out of 7.500 Euro acquired for peer learning web portal from Erasmus+ programme
3.600 out of 4.400 Euro for "Preparing an online platform where the online trainings would be displayed in 8 language versions, including a public part and private forums where youth workers could update information about their projects"
800 out of 1.000 Euro for teleconferencing software
1.200 out of 1.500 Euro for "Creation of website with support of an expert who is familiar with all accessible standards (WCAG 2 and 3) expert costs"

Plan for coming week:
- According to working group members it will be possible to use Erasmus+ funding for our networks web portal provided that we raise the remaining 9.500 Euro.
- Friday - Cristina to publish version 4 of public part of our public webportal - to be shared with the graduates
- developers - Lars and Branca under supervision of Jitendra to make first exercises for Wordpress to start preparing the webportal

Agenda it. nr 4: Objective 3 Group status report - Samuel/Tomek
ORANGE - legal consultant still has not sent his feedback about how we can adapt our constitution to a foundation in Poland
ORANGE - checking registration options for association in Germany - Jessi and Anja
Plan for coming week:
- reaching out to legal consultant's for feedback by Tomek
*TO BE DONE - URGENT: comparing legal registration of organization in Poland/Germany by Jessi and Tomek by 13th Dec (Tomek needs to send agenda on 14th)**
*****TO BE DONE - URGENT:* plan for coming 3 months - drafted by Samuel and sent to WG mailing list by 13th Dec (Tomek needs to send agenda on 14th) *

Agenda it. nr 5: When is our next WG meeting? - Samuel

*Directly after the pre-general assembly on Thursday**
**
**Starting from second half of December WG meetings will commence on 7am California time, 12 noon Brazil Caera, 4pm Germany/Poland, 6pm Uganda, 8.30pm India, 10pm Thailand*

--
A roadmovie through Africa witnessing social change! "KANTHARI: change from within" winner of Audience Award at the International Film Festival HumanDOc in Warsaw, Poland. Watch trailer here <http://kantharichangefromwithin.com/>.

Tomasz Kozakiewicz
Fundacja SolidarityFilmDoc
kanthari plus initiator

tomasz2013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype id: drkoziello / kanthari_plus
Mobile (Poland): +48 500478596
Mobile (India): +91 8129861059
www.kantharichangefromwithin.com (the film)
www.fb.com/kantharichangefromwithin
www.kanthariplus.org (short films)
www.fb.com/kanthariplus

kanthari plus - initiating a community of ethical social changemakers from marginalized communities.