[k-alumni-wg] Re: Invitation to the pre general assembly

  • From: Tijana Kaitovic <tijana2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 09:40:04 -0500

Dear Tomek,

I do not have any feedback besides great job (Yoshi, Anja, Tomek) :)
You can send the email.

Regards,
TJ

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Anja Pfaffenzeller <anja2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Hi guys,

I am sending the draft invitation for the pre general assembly. Please
give your feedback so Tomek can send it out tomorrow.
Please check the time as I am not sure about the time difference at the
moment.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Anja

Dear all,

the year is coming to an end and the alumni working group has gone a part
of the way towards establishment of a registered alumni network. We have
members from all parts of the world which now need to come togeether to
decide on the next steps.

Therefore, we invite all members of the network to take part in our pre
general assembly to be held on Thursday, December 17th at 3:30 gmt.

Please find below a rough agenda of the meeting. We will send out more
detailed information and exact timings for all participants some days in
advance.
Your participation in this pre general assembly is very important to
decide on the future of our network and the way we can set up a registered
organization. Please try to find some time and a good internet connection
to join us on skype. If the date is not convenient for you or you have big
challenges to use skype, please let us know. We will do our best to involve
as many members of the network as possible.

Agenda of the pre general assembly

1. Report about what the working group has achieved so far
- WEB PORTAL: Team of 5 volunteer developers from Germany, Serbia, US and
Indiastarted their work on the web portal (so far 3 meetings done and
layout prepared by designer in InVisio Boostrap)
- REGISTRATION: Comparison of legal framework for registration in Germany
and Poland - now we need to decide where to register!?
- DRAFT CONSTITUTION prepared along with 5 PEER SUPPORT sessions
- Research on alternative means of communication to skype
(teleconferencing systems)
- difficulties: last 2 months it is very difficult to maintain commitment
of WG members/alumni which results in slowing down the process
- round of comments

2. Final Name of network
- For the purpose of the created web portal and legal registration - we
need to finalize the name. 3 names have received the biggest support so far:
kanthari global network - plus: this name underlines our global character,
minus: can be confused with kanthari itself
kanthari alumni network - plus: this name explains exactly who we are in a
clear way, minus: can be viewed as an organization aimed to support
kanthari /also it will make it very difficult to have non-kanthari members,
if we decide to expand in the future
kanthari changemakers network- plus: this name explains clearly who we
are, minus: it is quite long
- Which name do we choose finally?
- round of comments

3. Advantages/Disadvantages of Registration in Poland and Germany
- Pros and cons for registering our network as a foundation in Poland or
as an association in Germany presented by Jessica and Tomek
- More information will be send out with the final agenda.
- round of comments

4. Means of communication - email, whatsapp, facebook, skype, other?
- What do we like/don't like about how the working group communicates with
me so far?
- How do we organize a general assembly when we decide to register a legal
organization? (what works/what not)
- Request from the working group with regards to Whatsapp group: please
post only short and relevant messages
- round of comments

5. Way forward - Plan for coming 3 months
A plan will be sent out in the detailed agenda some days before the
pre-general assembly
-round of comments

Please let us know if you want to participate in the pre general assembly.

Best regards from the alumni working group

6. Final round of comments

--
Anja Pfaffenzeller

Bats in Action - Morcegos em Ação