[k-alumni-wg] 17# Working group minutes

  • From: Samuel Odwar <samuel2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:00:08 +0300

Dear Wg Members,

Please receive your minutes of 17# held on 13th August 2015.

Thank you

Samuel

*17# Minutes from online WG meeting held 13th August 2015*

*WG meeting #17 dated 13th August 2015*

Moderator: Tijana / convener: Tomek / meeting minutes: Samuel

Attendees: Tijana, Tomek, Graham, Jessica, Anja, David and WG meeting
shadow by Abijith

The following agenda was discussed:

*Agenda it. nr 1:* Objective 1 Group - weekly progress report and plan -
Tomek
*Agenda it. nr 2: *Objective 2 Group - weekly progress report and plan -
Tijana/Jessica/David?
*Agenda it. nr 3:* Objective 3 Group - weekly progress report and plan -
Samuel
*Agenda it. nr 4: *Signing off Elections and Finance - Samuel
*Agenda it. nr 5:* To agree on country of extensive legal registration
research - Samuel/Tomek
*Agenda it. nr 6:* Potential EU funding opportunity for the network from
Erasmus+ programme - Tomek
*Agenda it. nr 7:* Meeting minutes/Moderation + Other issues

*Meeting proceedings:*

*1. **Agenda it. nr 1: *Objective 1 Group - weekly progress report
and plan was presented by Tomek

GREEN - sent out invitation for the 3rd Peer Support Skype 11th August by
Tomek
GREEN - sent out Powers of governing document for consultation of
discussion list - 7th August by Tomek
GREEN - sent out Office Bearers and Meetings of governing document for
consultation of discussion list - 13th August by Tomek

*Plan for coming week:*
- shadow for next WG meeting and anybody can be a shadow member (can be a
graduate, alumni or current participants)
- Outreach for peer support participants - 20th august by Yoshi, Anja,
Tomek + all WG members?
- To send out invitation for next Skype Consultation - 14th August by Tomek
- To send out question about possible name for alumni network - 15th August
by Tomek (first need email content from Samuel)
-To agree on a date for next Skype consultation (What about Friday 28th
August?) - 13th August by all WG member

*Round of comment:*

Tijana: how about other members who are not within this network to attend
peer support meeting?

Samuel: Good idea, other people who are experienced could link us to donors.

David: Not good idea because Peer support meeting is for kanthari peer.

Jessica: In future we may open it for other people but for now let us keep
it for only kanthari alumni.

About the peer support meeting, all agreed that it should be on 28th August
2015 and objective 1 group shall send invitation base on the same.

*2. **Agenda it. nr 2:* Objective 2 Group - weekly progress report
and plan - Tijana/Jessica/David?
ORANGE - finalizing volunteer description for Idealist.org presented by
David
ORANGE - Peer Support individual report presented by Jessica
GREEN - final wireframe agreed upon and sent to Aravind - 12th August
Tijana, Tomek

*Plan for coming week:*
- finalizing volunteer description for Idealist.org by David
- Peer support individual report by Jessica
- follow up on Aravind - ongoing - Tomek and Tijana
- preparing peer support agenda - 17th August – by Jessica

*Round of Comment:*

David: Idealist prepared and emailed to all members

Tijana: Consultation is in progress with Aravind and feedback will be send
to all members as soon as we receive information from him.

*3. **Agenda it. nr 3:* Objective 3 Group - weekly progress report
and plan presented by Samuel
ORANGE - propositions of Name for alumni network shall be send to WG
mailing list and all WG members
ORANGE - special task group on finalization of legal registration country?
13.08.2015 by Jessica/ Tomek and this was presented.
GREEN – met and formulated concept on Elections and Finance of governing
document - 11.08.2015 by Samuel, Anja, Tomek and Graham

*Plan for coming week:*
Deciding on which country to carry out extensive research on legal
registration - 13th August - All WG members

Preparing email asking for alumni network name suggestion - 14th August -
Samuel
Meeting on Remaining Parts of governing document - 18th August - Anja,
Samuel, Tomek, (Jessica)

*4. **Agenda it. nr 4: *Signing off Elections and Finance, presented
by Samuel

He explained that there shall be Elections to Management Board at the
General Assembly - nominations 4 week before, voting 2 weeks before -
prepared by an independent person appointed by council
Elections to Executive Committee - nominations within 1 week after GA,
voting week 2 and 3 - prepared by an independent person appointed by council
Finance (financial management system within the network + sources)

*Round of comments/signing off*

*David: *did not read the email sent on Election, Finance Management

Jessica: Read partly

*Anjia:* Yes, election procedure and financial management was discussed

*Tomek:* We are almost finalizing our governing document and we are control
by time and work plan.

*Samuel:* Those have not read the information sent will now read from the
final draft because after finalizing our governing we shall submit the
final draft to all working group members, for now the most important to
discuss are name and country of registration as agreed in the last meeting.

*5. **Agenda it. nr 5:* To agree on country of extensive legal
registration research - Jessica/Tomek

Basing on the earlier e-mail they submitted to all working group members:
Jessica presented about legalities and authorization of registration of
international organization in Germany.
Tomek presented about legalities and authorization of registration of
international organization in Poland.
*Round of comments/which country do we choose to make an extensive legal
registration research in relation to our governing document?*

*Ajnia: *Tomek is in Poland and this can help facilitating the general
activities of this association when it’s registered there, on the other
hand Germany has demonstrated non- profit status.

*David:* Nice having Tomek in Poland but It sound simpler in Germany
because they have good reputation of donors. He asked whether all
documentation shall be in English or Germany.

*Jessica: *Responded that all documentation needs to be translated in
Germany and this cost some money. She declined to decide on which country
to register the alumni association but she call for reliable people in the
country of registration and Poland is tricky in term of registration but
easy in Germany.

*Samuel:* Both countries are alike and we need to further consult with the
entire alumni to give their views on these two countries and help choose
one.

*Tijnia: *How far to get legal non- profit status in Germany? Leaning to
Poland because with the existence of kanthri foundation in Germany and
basing on activities Tomek is about to launch in Poland film and
publication, Poland would be the country to registration for this alumni
network. She communicated the email sent by Yoshi that she strongly
recommended Poland.

*Jessica:* If you justify your activities it would not be very difficult to
get the legal status in Germany. Activities done outside Germany needs to
be checked because most of our members are from foreign countries.

*Graham*: If we take Samuel’s suggestion in consideration about sending and
circulation to entire alumni network to give their views toward these two
countries will be great involvement and participation.

Recommendation: Jessica and Tomek shall have to write short positive and
negative concerns about these two countries and share with all the alumni
members also help to contribute toward the decision to choose the country
of registration.

*6. **Agenda it. nr 6:* Potential EU funding opportunity for the
network from Erasmus+ programme - presented by Tomek

That his friend shared with him about Erasmus+ Capacity Building in the
field of Youth application deadline by September 2nd
Erasmus+ supports cooperation projects between organizations active in the
field of youth around the world. These projects aim to improve the quality
and
recognition of youth work, non-formal learning and volunteering in
different regions of the world – notably in developing countries – and
enhance how
they complement formal education systems, the labour market and society.
Examples of activities (non-exhaustive) include:
- Cooperation, networking and peer-learning among youth organizations.
- Working together to raise awareness and recognition of volunteering and
non-formal learning in partner countries.
- Developing and implementing good practices and tools for the professional
development of youth workers and trainers.
- Outreach activities between youth sector organizations and local
communities.
- Youth learning experiences abroad and developing cross-border exchange
schemes.
- Youth exchanges, volunteering abroad and mobility of youth workers.
*- round of comments/signing off?** Shall we explore more?*

*Jessica:* She has been involved in many projects with the EU and the
requirements are many, she will be doing more research regarding this
proposal but is willing to help.

*Samuel:* For now we are not registered, there may be pre-qualification
requirements and this cannot work in the case of our organization unless
other registered organization like kanthari plus can integrate our
activities and apply on our behalf.

*Tijana:* She will be part of the team willing to contribute by preparing
proposal.

7. *Agenda it. nr 7:* Meeting minutes/Moderation + Other issues

Plan for next two week: Minutes taker: Anja

Moderator: Samuel

*Other Issues:*

Great meeting and moderation of Tijana

*Abjith*: Proposed that Working Group team should plan to meet the kanthari
participants and Tomek suggested month of September 2015 for the proposal.

--
Samuel Odwar
Telephone: +256 782321744