[JYO] 15th Annual Dulles Day Family Festival and Plane Pull

  • From: "Dennis Boykin" <boykin_dennis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dcpilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:19:41 -0400

OK, folks........it's that time of year again - want to fly into Dulles
International Airport for free ?  Want to do your part to promote
General Aviation ? Here is your chance - participate in the 15th Annual
Dulles Day Family Festival and Plane Pull on September 8th, 2007.

GA pilots and their aircraft are invited to display their aircraft, meet
the public, and extol the virtues of General Aviation while supporting a
great cause - Special Olympics! In this age of possible user fees and
increasing security regulations, we need all the good publicity we can
get.

Public outreach and charitable organizations are specifically encouraged
to attend.

Here are just some of the reasons you want to do this:

FREE landing and parking fees. You can't beat that price, plus it's
FUN!! And, you get a great Plane Pull T-shirt for the PIC.  Fuel
discounts 'may' be available (got some armtwisting left to do, but I'm
pretty sure we'll be OK).  There are ramp prizes too - courtesy of our
sponsors:  Landmark Aviation, Hagerstown Aircraft Services, and STG,
Incorporated, including free single-engine oil changes and a free
pitot-static and transponder check.

And, just to make things interesting, the  the following aircraft are
expected to be on display:
Douglas C-54E "Spirit of Freedom"
F4U Corsair
B25J-1-NC "Mitchell"
McDonnell Douglas DC-7B
Air National Guard C-130 ski-equipped aircraft
German Luftwaffe C-160

Further information and details on registration are available at
http://www.planepull.com .  Thanks for your support of Special Olympics
!

Dennis B. Boykin IV
Chairman
Leesburg Executive Airport Commission
(703) 346-4857

- - -
List admin: FlyboyEd@xxxxxxx Web: www.leesburgpilots.com Previously sent
the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.  Tell your Leesburg Flying
friends to subscribe by sending an e-mail to: jyo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put
"subscribe" (without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email.