[JA] Re: netzero 7

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:52:51 -0700

On Sat, 8 May 2004 user1634@xxxxxxxx writes:

>I got on netzero last nite twice.  The second time it did a update
>from version 4.3 to version 7.  It adds a netzero toolbar to Explorer
>without my consent !

Hi U1634, and All,

I know someone has told you how to "hide" that NetZero Toolbar in
Internet Explorer, but I'm wondering if the next time you connect with
NetZero and open IE whether or not that Toolbar comes back ("unhides",
if you will)?

Also, I've had a similar experience with Juno adding a "Junobar" just by
installing Juno 7, no upgrade involved.  I went into Juno 7's folder and
found a toolbar.dll file and renamed it to toolbar.bak and now no
"Junobar" Toolbar displays in IE.  And so far, no ill effects to either
Juno 7's operations or IE's...  and although "Junobar" is still listed
as a Toolbar in IE under View/Toolbars selecting it/deselecting it makes
no difference.  With the toolbar.dll file renamed, no "Junobar" Toolbar.
My guess is there's a similar file in your NetZero 7 folder and if you
were to rename it, you'd get the same results.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.