[JA] Re: lock (or was share) violation?

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 11:47:45 -0800

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 George J Kamenz <tseuqer-request@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have renamed the .frm which I can't even import.  The tmp,
> userxxxx\get, and userxxxx\put directories are empty.

> Each time I attempt to import the folder juno chokes.

> I am still looking for a way to recover the contents.
> Can mime2frm be used somehow?

Hi George, and All,

Where is the folder now?  In a different installation?  Copied out
somewhere?  You might be able to rename the folder to something like
OldMessges Fold0050.frm and add that to the director.frm file and in
effect "Import" the folder that way.  You might have to do something like
that and then open Juno (if it will) and immediately try Exporting the
file.  If you can Export it one way or another, it'll basically be a text
file and you can open it in a Word Processor or text editor and it will
be far more readable than in its present .frm binary form.  You may even
be able to run MIME2FRM on it and strip out the majority of the message
headers.  Maybe one or more of the headers is the part messing you up...
probably not, but maybe. After MIMEFRM maybe you'll be able to Import
it... who knows, but IF you get an output file from MIME2FRM more than
likely you will be able to use it.

> Is there any way to convert the .frm to an mbox?

Mbox, like in mailbox.dbd?  Or what?  Anyway, no way to convert it to a
mailbox.dbd.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.