[JA] Re: juno_accmail Digest V16 #13

  • From: "agnir@xxxxxxxx" <agnir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 07:56:55 GMT

ee no reason to use them. For the last 15 years or so, I have used juno webmail
and I love its portability which is so convenient when I travel. Plus at $24 a
year, who am I to complain? And I think that because Juno is obscure compared
to aol, hotmail and yahoo, hackers tend to ignore it. I get spam, of course,
but that's not Juno's fault. It's the fault of those who indiscriminately
include me in their open distribution lists. I keep asking my friends to use
complementary copy (cc) but most of my friends are 70 or older and you can't
teach an old dog new tricks. Mhy only beefs are: 1) the video ads that
interfere (but can't help because that comes from being cheap) 2) I miss the
old feature which allows me to search for a past message by using a search
string. Is there a better way than having to guess what number page it might be
at? Or what date it came? The Rev. Dr. Federico I. Agnir
6119 Weatherwood Circle
Wesley Chapel, FL 33545
813-991-1924

Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 06:59:41 -0400
From: Jim Henderson <jim47hen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [JA] Re: united online / juno CONTINUINGLY PERSISTENT INCOMPETANCE

I don't have these particular problems. Perhaps it's partly due to
using other software with my Juno account, including other browsers. My
reasons for disliking Juno are different.

On 4/23/2015 6:02 PM, excalibur25@xxxxxxxx wrote:

01. juno.com CONTINUES TO CRASH AT LEAST 50 TIMES 24/365 !

I have checked webmail.juno.com a few times per day for years. It has
never crashed.

02. juno.com CONTINUES TO CRASH INTERNET EXPLORER AT LEAST 25 TIMES 24/365 !

Having got rid of my Windows RT tablet I don't use MSIE every day, but
still it doesn't crash in the Windows 8 desktop I'm using to write this.

03. juno.com ALSO OCCASIONALLY CRASHES OTHER WEBSITES, CONTAINING TEXT,
TEXT + VIDEO, AND JUST VIDEO !

Never happened to me. Not even in the Windows Vista machine I used
until last year.

04. juno.com HAS PERSISTENTLY, ERRONEOUSLY REFUSED TO P0POST LEGITIMATE
MESSAGES FROM LIST TO WHERE I HAVE SUBSCRIBED FOR A VERY LONG TIME !

Never happened to me in all my years. I use Juno for many mailing
lists, though the important ones also go to another account. Most my
replies to lists, except where Juno is the business at hand, are from
those other accounts.

05. juno.com PERSISTENTLY POSTS MULTIPLE SPAMS THAT I HAVE CONTINUOUSLY
SENT TO YOUR WORTHLESS "junk folder", FORWARDED TO YOUR WORTHLESS "spam
abuse", AND "blocked sender" !

Minor problem, for me, despite using this address in all site sign-ins
that require an address for no good reason. Of course, using it for
that purpose disqualifies it as a main address for important personal
matters.

06. juno.com PERSISTENTLY DOWNLOADS SPAM ADS WHICH INTERFERE WITH THE
LEGITIMATE ITEMS THAT I WANT TO READ AND LISTEN. YOUR SPAM ADS AUDIO
DROWNS OUT WHATEVER LEGITIMATE AUDIO I WANT TO HEAR !

Never happened to me in all my years of using Juno. I hear whatever Web
pages I want to hear, and not the others.

07. juno.com PERSISTENTLY CONTINUES TO FORCE ME, AND ITS OTHER VICTIMS,
TO PAY $1.95 PER MINUTE EXTORSION, TO, OCCASIONALLY FIX THE juno.com
PROBLEM. YOU CAUSE THESE PROBLEMS. YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY FIX THEM
WITHOUT EXTORTING MONEY FROM YOUR VICTIMS.

Call Juno's help line for help? On the phone? It seems an odd way of
fixing anything. When my own resources fail, I ask on this mailing list.

08. juno.com PERSISTENTLY CONTINUES TO FORCE ME, AND ITS OTHER VICTIMS,
TO PAY INCREASING MONTHLY EXTORTIONARY MEMBERSHIP FEES, FOR ALL THE
ABOVE INCOMPETENCE'S.

Monthly Juno membership? What would be the benefit? I pay, I think
it's $25 per year. Nowadays better mail account service is available
for free, but this annual price is not high.

I do have a few complaints of my own. Freshest in my mind, the
instructions for setting up a Juno account on a smartphone or tablet are
in error. I spent an hour last week trying to make it work on my new
HTC Desire 816 using Android 5. My Gmail and Outlook accounts connected
properly the first time without manual setup. Finally my Thunderbird
Windows mailer, which had setup automatically, provided correct manual
settings for me to use in Android's default mailer.

Some E-mail programs already know how to connect to Juno. My iPad Air
automatic setup for example had no problem but it wouldn't tell me the
settings that worked.

It has been years since I recommended Juno's services to anyone, but the
problems you've been having seem quite odd.

== No more from Jim's Win 8.1 via Thunderbird ==

------------------------------

From: James Van Damme <vandammes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 14:26:50 -0400

These problems generally come from using Windows instead of a Unix-based OS
like Mac or the Linux based ones (200 Linux distros, Chrome, Android etc.)
and downloading garbage.
Jim & Mary Margaret Van Damme
Couple to Couple League-Central New York
http://nfp.freehostia.com/ <=Natural Family Planning info
Sent from my Linux PC

From: "thepccat@xxxxxxxx" <thepccat@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:05:30 GMT