[JA] Re: Transfer

  • From: "k4pf@xxxxxxxx" <k4pf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:03:51 GMT

Hi, Jim

Doesn't Win XP include the Hilgraeve Inc. "HyperTerminal" utility?
I know it was included with Win 2000, but was removed from Vista.
start  programs   accessories   communications

Regards,
Ed Knobloch

-- Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008  "thepccat@xxxxxxxx" <thepccat@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

>  There is software plus cable means to transfer by parallel or serial
port.

One would have to find the stuff.  As the customer asked, "Eh?  Don't al=
computers have some kind of standard socket or something for a wire to d=
that?"  Not really.  All modern ones have both USB and Ethernet, either
of which will do, but don't have floppy which is what the old machine is=

supposed to use.  Would have been two easy tranfers if he had upgraded
first from a 1994 machine to a end of the century one and then to a 2004=

one, but he skipped the intermediate generation.  =

As it happens, I have both serial and parallel transfer cables, and both=

computers have that kind of port, but the software I have doesn't work
under XP. <snip>