[JA] Reply to "donellas" re conversion to Juno 8

  • From: "BVCB" <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:52:01 GMT

I did mean that I converted from v. 4.11,which kept all the folders in separate
files.

The process I went through was as follows:

Installed Juno 4.1 (I had uninstalled it and this was a reinstallation.)
Copied my User Files into the Juno folder
Opened Juno, and found I could not read HTML messages.

Using a disk Juno had sent me, I installed Juno 8.  As near as I can figure, it
uninstalls the old version, installs itself and then converts the message
folders and deletes the old ones.

Checking with Windows Explorer, (I'm using XP), I have a JUNO INSTALLER folder
and a JUNO INTERNET folder

The JI folder has two sub folders, HELP, and qsacc (all dll's)

I can't figure out which file in the Juno Internet folder has the messages -
none of them have a name that would indicate messages, and more importantly,
not of the files have been changed since 8/13/11, and only two of them.

QUESTION TO THE GROUP:
I have Juno save after every time I use it...does this mean there is no copy of
the messages except the saved one?  Would there be a copy in the Juno program
folder if I had not saved?

From: "BVCB" <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [JA] Adventures in Juno Land
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:06:59 GMT

I finally moved all my data to a newer computer (my husband's Compaq0,
something I would love never to do again.

I backed up my Juno 4.0 User Files.  I figured I'd get 4.0 up and running and
then upgrade to 8.

Then installed 4.0 from a disk I had held onto.  However, after it was
installed, it could not read any messages that had been written and sent in
HITML format, despite the fact that the 4.0 on my old computer could do so.  I
tried several times with no luck.  I could'n' find any update facility in 4.0.

Finally, I took out the Juno 8 disk they'd sent me and installed that...and it
converted all the folders with no problems at all. Simple things for simple
people, I guess.

I'm frankly delighted with ver. 8.  Talk about improvements!  Especially like
that it lets me know when new mail arrives if I'm doing something else on the
computer.

Going thru the options, I find that you can control how often ti backs
up...from every time you use it to monthly, it appears, as well as not at all.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Babette

-