[JA] POP3 Access for Juno

  • From: James E Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:35:49 -0400

> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:41:49 GMT
> Subject: [JA] Juno and POP3 -- from the software point of view
> From: George Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>

GHL> Did I mention that you CAN NOW use ONE Juno account and
> the POP3 capable Juno v5.0.33 software to access ALL your other
> Juno accounts WITHOUT having to log into them separately?
> Yep, now that Juno has 'opened' it's servers to standard POP3
> access, you can use Juno v5.0.33 to access your other Juno
> accounts just as you can the accounts you have at other services.

Thank you, George.  I was the one who said Juno's POP3 service needed
version 6 of their user software, and I am glad to be corrected.

GHL> We can access our all our Juno e-mail
> accounts from one account without "Switching Accounts"

With Version 5 of Juno's user software, not with any other version,
right?  That's the most interesting feature to me.  I use Juno 5 for
about 10% of my mail, mostly on weekends.  Maybe this weekend I'll find
time to explore that feature.

GHL> and we can access our Juno e-mail from other POP3 programs
> such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Pegasus, Eudora, etc., etc.

Another interesting innovation.  I'm writing this on a machine that has
no mailer installed except Juno... Why do I say these things before
checking?  MSOE is here, presumably installed with Win 98.  It has merely
never been set up with directories to store mail, etc.  Probably I won't
find time on this machine to study it, however.  I also use Juno 4 on two
other computers, which have MSOE or maybe MSO, as well as Eudora or
Netscape Mail.   More likely I'll find time to study on those machines.