[JA] OT - Windows 98 & Internet Explorer News

  • From: cynthiacloppas@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:28:54 -0700

Hello Everyone,

Many JA members who still use Windows 98 may unaware of the latest news
regarding Microsoft's plans for this OS.  Here are some links to
information on the new dates of MS end of support for Win98--

"Microsoft Grants 2nd Stay Of Execution To Win98!"
http://www.langalist.com/plus/newsletters/2003/2003-06-12plus.asp#1

"BUT A NICE MOVE FOR WINDOWS 98 USERS"
http://aumha.org/elist.php#news4

Three pages to bookmark for information on Microsoft product
life-cycles--

Windows OS
(Product Life-Cycle Phases, License Availability, Service Pack Policy,
Security Hotfix Policy, Product Life-Cycle Road Map)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycleconsumer.mspx

All MS Products
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fdiscontinue
%2Easp

Locate Your Product
(Look up your product by product family or by product name.)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];complifeport

Related news

Microsoft's plans for Internet Explorer--

"NO MORE NEW VERSIONS OF INTERNET EXPLORER"
http://aumha.org/elist.php#news2

"ANOTHER BAD MOVE: NO MORE IE 5.5"
http://aumha.org/elist.php#news3

For those of you with no Internet access or free access (limited minutes
online) who would like to read these stories--just send me a note and I
will be happy to send you a copy.

::Cyn::
SoCal