[JA] Junoaccmail.org update...

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:37:36 -0700

Hi All,

I thought I'd let you know that I tracked down the registrar that Robin
had used to register the Junoaccmail.org site originally.  Turns out
they have an automated renewal form.  So I gave it a try and, heck,
turns out they'll take anybody's money on a renewal...  LOL.  Well, near
as I can tell anyway, it worked and the site is now a giant step closer
to being up again.

Using the IP address, http://64.33.91.237, I can now access the site and
ftp in to it again.  So near as I can tell, as soon as the
junoaccmail.org domain name gets associated with the IP address on ALL
the Internet name servers "out there" again, the site should be back up
and running like before.  Hopefully less than 24 hr.

Sorry if I came across as a bit of an alarmist...  but this domain name
registration stuff is not my strong suit and it was early here on the
West Coast.  They should save that kind of surprise for when I'm wider
awake.

George Lunt
Webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx