[JA] Re: Juno "selling" our addresses

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:34:28 -0700

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 Thos Potts said:

>Someone at Juno must be involved in some of the spam we get.  I just got
two muti-
>million dollar scams from Nigeria? via two mailings where the bcc?s came
thru wuth
>all addresses listed as @juno.com.  I now have, between the two lists,
>approximately 3000 valid Juno account addresses available to me in
reproducable <form.

Not necessarily...I've gotten spam like that, and as far as I could see,
the sender had either tried all possible variations of my name and
address, or buckshot a list of common names with Juno addresses, figuring
some were real.

Also, anyone reading this list or others like it, could harvest real Juno
names and addresses.