[JA] HTML mail as text file attachment

  • From: Julian B Hilaire <jbh1492@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:22:17 EST

        When I used (yes, past tense) v5 I would save the message as a text file
using <ctrl> t.  I would then attach the .txt file to a message.  It
didn't work.

        It didn't matter that the extension was ".txt"

        Some other people's machines would render the <HTML> until I zipped the
file.  Most .zip decoders bring up a text editor that can't (or won't)
render <HTML> saved in a .txt file.

        It was a pain, indeed it's still a pain, but it worked, and might still
work.

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:59:46 EST carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Someone who regularly sends HTML would like to see the mess she's
> sending. However, if I just quote the message, the HTML will simply
> translate to the font changes, etc.

        Using a text editor to change every "<" into "&gt;" and every ">" into
"&lt;" will confuse everybody even when it works.  Using a text editor to
change every "<" into "&lt;" and every ">" into "&gt;" didn't work.

--- there are only 10 kinds of people in the world: