[JA] Re: Fw: ALERT: Email intended for you... RANT

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:51:45 -0700

I feel the same way you do. However, for most "average users" [idiots,
whatever] a  useless message probably beats a live virus they might click
upon. We lose the ability to ferret the source of the problem--although
that might be just as well, as doing so has become a royal waste of time.

In other words, Juno is now virus scanning our email to some degree, and
blocking it when it occurs. Many other email providers has long done much
the same. The message they send is, indeed, nothing more than another
advert for how smart they [and we] are for being part of the UO family
:-).

thepccat