[JA] Re: Funny you should mention it...

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:44:22 -0700

Yes, each one is worse than the one before. I wonder, if it crashes your
computer and messes up Internet access, how you get 1025 hours out of 45
days [45X24=1080], sitting around cursing your computer's cursor, while
it does -- nothing?

"This Way To The Egress" -- as Barnum was supposed to have written
[people were staying around too long in his sideshow, so he posted that
sign near the exit -- whereupon people went through the door to find out
what the "egress" was, only to realize it was a word meaning "exit."]

In the same vein, moreover ... AOL 7 was great, 7.1 was an improvement,
and now we have the new 8.0 experience. I hear rumors that AOL 9.0 will
have a exclusive multithreaded multimedia multitimbral distributed
networking information-collecting rights-managing"secure" system allowing
your Penitium 5 [tm] [Intle registered trademark] computer [if it runs
Windose Palladium Special DRM Edition [tm] [Mi¢ro$erf registered
trademark]] to give you back rubs [and, if you can prove you are over 21,
other things suitable to your interests, better not mentioned here].
Because of the DMCA I cannot safely comment on whether that is true or
not, if I, indeed, did know.  However, I'm waiting for *that* before I
sign up with AOL!  <whew>

thepccat

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:27:51 -0400 rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx writes:
> - - - in the morning SPAM:
> Dear Netscape Member,
    [ edited ]
> I've arranged for an exclusive opportunity for you as a Netscape
> member
> to be one of the first to try the new AOL 8.0 with no obligation.
> This is
> your opportunity to experience AOL 8.0 free for 1025 hours for 45
> days.
    [  edited ]
> I am confident you'll agree that using AOL 8.0 will improve your
> online
> experience - try it today.
> Sincerely,
> Joel Davidson