[JA] Re: Email for travelers

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 07:33:57 -0700

Yes, that's the size of it. Find your username and password, and go to
someone who *does* have web access.

I think Yahoo and Hotmail are the top of the iceberg here. Many sites
have TOS which say we can change anything at any time and may not notify
you by email. When Y and H does this, it irritates thousands of people
and dozens of writers put it into their grist, and soon everyone knows.
The littler fishers just do their thing and their fish are hooked. I
suspect that there are sites which violate their own stated TOS or never
had one -- who is out there to successfully sue and force a change?

The days when things e-group were all done by email are vanishing, though
it was certainly nice and easy back then.

thepccat

[...]