[JA] Re: D-day for v1.49

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:51:31 -0700

On Sun, 2 May 2004 James E Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>I dislike the way the Juno 5 editor [...] and its default behavior
>of making every message HTML instead of plain text.

Hi Jim, and All,

I've used Juno 5 since it was first launched and you are mistaken about
its default behavior.  The problems you continually refer too were Juno
5.0.9 only.  A very short-lived version indeed.  The default format of
5.0.33 is PLAIN TEXT, not HTML.  Just because you see the "Format" bar
does NOT mean the message is going to be formatted in HTML.  As long as
you never touch the format bar, or copy in already HTML formatted text
from, say, a Web page, the editor remains in its default mode, PLAIN
TEXT.  However, if in the course of writing a message you decide you
want a portion of the text to be in bold, you highlight that portion of
the text and when you click the 'B' for it to be bold, that's when the
message format switches to HTML.  Not before.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.