[JA] Re: "Addresses"

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:10:38 -0600 (MDT)

The Entity currently known as Babette C Bloch emitted:

>My Norton informed me that "a remote computer is attempting to establish
>a connection with your computer".
>
>It was Protocol: TCP (inbound)
>Remote Address: 67.195.146.111:2582
>Local Address (66.81.150.251):1214

I'm not familiar with what port 2582 does, but here's the skinny on
the IP:

Name:    1cust111.tnt30.chi5.da.uu.net
Address:  67.195.146.111

From UUnet's naming system, this is a reseller ISP located in
Chicago. Not much else available, info-wise.

Unless it happens repeatedly, you ought to not worry about it. There
are port scans and other probes all the time on the net..

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden