[juneau-lug] Re: real player on 8.2

  • From: "James Zuelow" <jamesz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:39:32 -0800

Make sure you have the right RealPlayer.  The class lectures require the
RealOne player - so if you're using an old rpm of RealPlayer G2 or  7.0,
it won't work.  But I noticed that it also didn't tell you WHY it wasn't
working, which could lead to some confusion.  :)

> also...anyone using openssh on rh8.2? I cannot make it work.
> Linux has the ability to make you feel sometimes so stupid???
> and most of the time the answer is so simple. Am I the only
> feeling that way? thanks,

RedHat's OpenSSH RPMs should do all of the preliminary work for you.  To
use it, you would use a command line like this: `ssh host.name`.  That
will attempt to log you in to the remote machine with your current user
name.  The hostname can either be a name that will resolve via DNS or
entered into /etc/hosts, or it can be an IP address.  To specify a
different username, use this syntax: `ssh user@xxxxxxxxx`.  And finally,
SSH defaults to port 22.  If the remote host is using a different port,
you would use this syntax: `ssh user@xxxxxxxxx -p 9999` where 9999 is
the custom port number.