[juneau-lug] Re: Fwd: Juneau Linux User's Group Contact [Bill]

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:41:11 -0900

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:57:42 -0900
"Juneau Linux Users Group" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(actually Bill wrote):

> Both have Asound 110/10M ethernet cards.  Mandrake
> detects it as a Myson Technology 803 nic.  I have a driver for it (disk
> that
> came with it), (installed it...)

You might need to download & compile a new driver for your NIC.  If the Asound
web site doesn't have a precompiled one, there is another drive available from
the Scyld ftp server.

From the Scyld PCI NIC page:

"The Myson mtd803 chip, myson803.c. The Myson Fast Ethernet (mtd803) and
Gigabit Ethernet (mtd891) chips are used on low-end OEM boards. They use
bus-master transfers, can transmit from arbitrarily aligned buffers but receive
only into longword- aligned buffers, and have a 64 element multicast hash
filter. All chip versions have flow control, Wake-On-LAN, and ACPI power states
(PCI power management)."

This text is here:

--link will definately wrap--
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:mlIk6kwvZcUC:www.scyld.com/network/ethercard.html+Asound+Linux+ethernet&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8
--link will definately wrap--

Notice that that is a google cache page, NOT the current Scyld page.  Looks
like the current Scyld page no longer references your NIC.  However the links
on the Google cache page still work, including the link to the source code for
the driver as well as instructions on how to build & install it.

You mentioned having a driver disk that you've installed.  Was that a Linux
driver disk?  If so, you might not need to download the driver again.

Try this as root:

modprobe myson803

and let us know what happened.