[jsonar] Re: A track i would love feedback on!

  • From: "Brian Olesen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jsonar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 12:17:44 +0100

Hi Calvin,
Oh my God! You've got star quality young man!

You've done an amacingly professional job with this recording.
First I thought. Hmm on which cd is this number located... grin

Well if I really go hard on it I can tell super small issues, but nothing
that the ordenary audiance would notice, and nothing at all that even comes close to real critizism. Music both have to be perfect, and alive, and your recording definately has both qualities.

Then I gave the acapela version a listen, and noticed all your automations, and fine stuff there.

Out of curiosity could you please explain to us which plugins and tools you've used? How did you create this nice doubler effect? I feel that you might have a tc voice processor of some kind. is that right? I'd be very interested to hear about how you've acheeved such a nice and smooth r&b alike result of this nice pop tune.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Brian
to real
-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: Calvin Botha
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:52 AM
To: jsonar
Subject: [jsonar] A track i would love feedback on!

Good day to all.

Thought I'd share a recent project that i did to test out my new Rhode
NT2a Microphone. It initially started off as a couple of vocals and
before i knew it, it had turned in to a fully fledged production. Wish
i could say that i owned a studio as the monitoring and recording
environment (my bedroom) wasn't ideal, but hay, we all have to start
somewhere right?

On to the track. Its a cover of Danny Fernandes' - Fantasy. I did all
of the production and mixing! Please, any comments and feedback would
be greatly appreciated!  Here is the DL link to the zip archive which
not only includes the track, but also the acapella and instrumental
versions.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jvbq0n0vm8unaet/DJ_D%40rkn3ss_-_Fantasy%28cover%29.zip?dl=1

Enjoy!

--