[jjr69] Re: [salonmixte] War or Peace?

  • From: <viet.be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Le Nguyen <l.h.nguyen@xxxxxxxx>,<salonmixte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:55:10 -0800

Hi Le, Tung, BMDuc,

Le, I'm with you.   I'm so fed up with the "we are right, they are wrong" and
the drumbeating, flag raising, "patriotic" crap, etc...that's been going on.
I've given up on trying to speak to my neighbors about the other side's point
of view......I'm trying to learn Chinese, at least enough to order Chinese food.

Duc,  I think we will all see the Chinese domination of the world in our
lifetimes.   Just look at the labels of all the stuff around our houses.
Where are they made?   When the "Pacific Century" (I call it "Chinese Era")
comes, watch out!   We will all be eating noodles...

Tung, welcome back!.  It's always so much fun to read you and the way you use
our language to express your opinion.   When one looks at the real roots of
war, all this crap about right and wrong, ideologies and principles, take
second seat to economic needs and, more importantly, the ARROGANCE of the "mu~i
lo~, to'c quan" (long nose, curly hair).

In the face of all of this, I just have one advice for all of us: kiss your
wife (or husband, or boyfriend, girlfriend(s) ), hug your kids and tell them
that you love them, take care of your parents, be kind to your pets, and grow
flowers.....In the long run, these are things that count.

Oh, I forgot,  Learn some Chinese, they are coming.

> From: Le Nguyen <l.h.nguyen@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2003/01/09 Thu AM 10:06:15 PST
> To: salonmixte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: viet.be@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,   salonmixte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,