[jhb] Re: W7

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:02 +0100 (BST)

>It was pretty but after a
>while I didn't really notice it.

That is a reason, possibly the main one, why I don't bother with highly
detailed airport scenery such as rthe Xtreme series. I'm interested in
the runways, taxiways and where the 'C' is to pay my landing fee, and
then where the caffe is. :-)  If it looks 80% like the real thing, I'm
happy.

I am much more interested in the visual scene from the air so that I can
navigate VFR.  Cix VFR Club had an event last night where we could
optionally download 4Gb of free phoographic scenery for Spain.  That was
worth doing and made the trip much more enjoyable, even though I have UTX
Europe also installed.

Peter