[jhb] This and That

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:24:31 +0000

Well, the £13 mini keyboard has arrived and is ideal for the FS machine. It takes up very little space and makes using the Saitek throttles much easier.

That? Well, I had a thought but it was too good to be true. Instead of swapping to the VFR Terrain mesh, before using FSX for Farmstrip flying, why not just de sensitise the GenX mesh. Sadly I find that, sitting on the ground at Lleweni Parc, changing the slider values of Mesh Resolution and Mesh Complexity seems to have zilch effect on the contours at ground level. Can anyone clue me up as to why? I understand that correcting their "very accurate" mesh is one of Horizon's jobs in hand. I'd have been much happier if they'd done this before night lighting.