[jhb] Re: Slow PC

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:08:52 -0000

It's constant, not just at start up.

It is almost as if the current program needs to hog all the memory so
everything else gets dumped. It's getting so bad that even clicking the
Start Menu brings up a blank box, the hard drive thrashes away and,
eventually, the Start Menu items appear.

I've checked the Prefetch and SuperFetch options in W7 and they are OK.

When the thrashing is going on I open Resource Manager and the disk is
showing a HUGE amount of activity - but it is writing and reading files that
aren't even active. It's most strange..

http://woodair.net