[jhb] Re: More a juggling act than a flight!

  • From: "Frank Fisher" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:49:41 -0000

am I right in thinking that when
hover taxiing and you pitch forward to go forward, you need to reduce
power slightly to prevent the aircraft starting to climb,

Yes Peter.
As you increase speed, you get more lift, and vise versa.
It is a matter of seat of pants flying, with a minimum of control usage. A long stick and collective handle is a must.

It is the same as fixed wing, flying is the easy part, take off and landing requires more skill.

Choppers with wheels are much better. (that's cheating)

Glad to hear that you are improving, must admit, that with one thing and another, I have not climbed into my choppers for some time.

However, I have now cleared my desk, and can now get back intuit.

Frank