[jhb] Re: More Poltergeeses

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 22:43:39 +0100

Episode 2.

Looking further at the Cessna Citation II D-CYSV folder, I see there's one I've not noticed in other aircraft; "CII_ref_archivos". Inside are 2 files; editdata.mso and filelist.xml.
The .xml file content is

<xml xmlns : o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">
<o:Mainfile HRef="../CII_ref.htm"/>
<o:File HRef="editdata.mso"/>
<o:File HRef="filelist.xml"/>

Could this have a bearing, or am I seeing reds under the bed; difficult with a divan, unless of the ant variety.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

In an earlier post, this evening, I mentioned that the Panel folder and Aircraft.cfg file had disappeared from inside one of my FSX's aircraft folders, the Citation II by Veneaviones. I blamed the installation of SP1. I was wrong, it was something more perculiar.

After writing the note I remembered that before installing SP1, I'd copied three aircraft that I'd modified, into a storage folder, on a different drive. With a sigh of relief I went to the stored aircraft......exactly the same thing had happened.

Now, I'd modified the aircraft, by using a different panel. I'd also copied across the .air file from a Citation Sovereign and modified the Aircraft.cfg to incorporate its power features. That way I finished with the excellent appearance and wing views of the Veniaviones II and the performance of the Sovereign.

Is it possible for a designer to incorporate a self destruct type action into the .air or .mdl files, to activate if the aircraft is tampered with. To loose one panel and .cfg is possible, to loose two is.....Weird?