[jhb] Lighting

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:48:22 +0100

I can't remember when I last flew at dawn but it was almost certainly IFR, anyway. Yesterday I'd looked at the Screenshot section of the HP Forum, where there were some dramatic shots taken at sunrise. So, for this morning's flight from Lane Farm to Wadswick, I decided to give it a try and set the start time to dawn.

The effect was dramatic! The very low rising sun showed up the nearby hillsides in colours I hadn't seen before. Beyond that I won't try to describe it but do give it a whirl, it's well worth the effort.