[jhb] Jurby for FSX Only

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ted Andrews <ted.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:38:47 +0100

With Bones' version of Jurby out of reach, in my now normal use of FSX, I had no option but to cobble together an alternative. Why?

Because two list members have the extreme good fortune to live on an Island of outstanding natural beauty; and that's not in any way an exageration. I now only leave the place if dragged away on an annual jaunt and my last trip off was over 16 months ago.

Early versions of flightsim managed to conceal, very well, the beauty of the place. MS have done nothing to change the situation. The arrival of the Horizon GenX scenery has changed all that and flying around the Island in FSX can be a breathtaking experience, particularly as light and cloud conditions change.

Now, I'd like to share the enjoyment with others, though not to the point where you sell up and move over! With just Ronaldsway to visit, the temptation is just to fly across the sea and then depart. If you only have the Default Ronaldsway you might not be tempted at all! So, with the number of stopping points increased to incorporate Andreas, Jurby, Hall Caine and the FSX Farm Strip at Mount Rule, you have a number of bases from which you can operate, in addition to Ronaldsway.

I must admit that exposing you to the scenery wasn't my sole motivation for this cobbling exercise. If we have a controller on seat at EGNS then there's much more scope for VFR flying in the Island and that will allow you to enter and leave the Ronaldsway zone with their involvement. I'm sure Bones can fill us in on the proceedures for departure and entry.

The file can be downloaded from the link below. Please remember to read the instructions carefully, to get the most out of it.

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/gwinsk/JURBY.zip