[jhb] Re: IVAO - MTL Installer

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:19 +0100 (BST)

I really don't want all those aircraft filling up my HD, so I have
removed all but 1 example of the most common heavies (I am unlikely to
see a C130 when flying on line, for example).  My Tiger shows up as an
AN2! Compared with Vatsim's Squawkbox 3 which shows a giant paper dart
for any unrecognised aircraft, it is an improvement, nevertheless.

I have now installed IVAO on my laptop, from where I'm doing my farm
strip flights in FSX with Vista, so should start to log a few IVAO hours.

I have also installed Eye of IVAO and notice that there are pilots with
chinese names flying around China.  Vive la liberation!  I could just be
interested in some Chinese flying again! I flew all round China in an AN2
as research for one of my CP articles and it was great fun - the scenery
and the aircraft!!!

The rebel in me wants to start pushing VFR flying at IVAO to wake them up
to the best form of flying <g> but I'm still working on that theme with
vatsim (which does have a significant VFR activity base nowadays).

Peter