[jhb] Re: IVAO

  • From: Peter Dodds <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:42:19 +0100

Cix VFR has over 400 members, but only about 80 active. We dump about 10 every month who haven't been on the forum or flown for more than 12 months, and who have not responded to a personal email. We get another 10 joining every month and at least half of those never get involved. So yes, i suspect it is a common problem. Our Membership Secretary almost has a full time job managing it!

Peter

Fossil
29 June 2012 14:29

We had at least 30 pilots ask to join JHB and a number never got off the
ground - they stayed at zero hours until deactivated. I'm guessing that
worldwide it must be a lot worse and so IVAO have to run a purge to clear
out a lot of dead wood.

It is a pity their system can't separate out those pilots with zero activity
and those with a good track record and give the latter a little more
leeway..

http://woodair.net