[jhb] Re: Fsx activation problem

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:17:22 +0100

Adam –

I recently bought a brand new copy of FSX from Amazon.  An old friend asked the
obvious question, “WHY?”.  My reply was as follows:

<quote>

Chuckle!  The train of thought went along the lines of:

1.      Over the years I have installed my original kosher FSX discs across
virtually every one of the pc’s I’ve had since it was first released

2.      When I tried to install it on my new MESH machine last year I got a
snotty pop-up from M$ saying something along the lines of “Tough titty, chummy,
you’ve totally exceeded the number of permissible installations of this
software and so we have disabled it.  So there ...”.

3.      So I rang the M$ ‘help desk’.

4.      A very nice lady in India said “Sod off”.

5.      So I rang back and persuaded another very nice lady in India that I was
actually a poor penniless student whose pc had just gone up in flames and I was
unbelievably desperate to preserve my geek lifestyle of sitting in front of a
computer screen for hours on end pretending to be ‘An Airline Pilot’ (‘cos that
is what I wanted to be when I grew up etc etc ...).

6.      Nice lady in India eventually relented and gave me a serial code to
enable me to activate my FSX.  “THIS WILL BE THE VERY LAST TIME THAT YOU WILL
BE ABLE TO DO THIS” she said “SO DON’T YOU DARE CALL US AGAIN.  WE’VE MARKED
YOUR CARD, SONNY JIM, AND WE’LL SEND THE HEAVY MOB AROUND IF WE EVER HEAR FROM
YOU AGAIN ...”!

7.      So I thought that I’d better to take up Mr Amazon’s offer of a brand
new copy of FSX Gold for GBP13 just in case I hear hammering on the front door
at 3 a.m. next time my pc crashes ...

<unquote>

‘nuff said!

M.