[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Campaign Assignments

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:55:52 +0100

I may be wrong and I'm sure Chris will correct me if I am but the IVAP
manual says you should squawk standby while connected to a company voice
channel.  As you should be squawking 7000 in uncontrolled airspace it would
go against good airmanship. I read into this that the chat provision was for
pre-flight co-ordination of company members. Or for when we land at an
airport and wish to chat on arrival as has happened at Ronaldsway on
occasion.

I understood it should not be used in flight.

Paul