[jhb] Farms Challenge

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:41:44 EDT

I've now completed the 4 from last week (or the week before), the remaining
2 -

Started Gloucestershire, followed A40 to Ross-on Wye, followed the Wye to
Hereford and beyond, landed at Lane Farm.

Took off from Lane Farm, headed back in the Gloucester direction, then
spotted and followed the Severn making for the M48 bridge, then spotted and
followed the balloons, overflew the field, can see why you land on 28 and take
off
on 10, flew out to the east over a couple of huge ? chalk pits, did a 180
back to Oldbury.

I don't think the Maule is right for these trips. It lands quickly enough,
but taking off in a tail dragger over bumpy ground is not recommended. I had a
Maule trike in FS2004, doesn't seem to be in the FSX options though.

Frank T.