[jhb] Re: FSX - getting there

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:51:26 -0000

Gerry

I run with AI off, I don't have your expertise in finding duff sceneries etc.

I am thinking my problem is too much ram (8 gb) and a massive video card, which means that my Intel Q9550 is only idling along, and as it is using stepping technology, that means it is running as a 2.4 or less, (minimum is 2.0) instead of using the full 2.87, drop the ram to 2 gb, that should force the CPU to start working at its full capacity when FS is running.

With Task Manager showing, CPU use rarely gets above 20% with FS running.

Even the Coolmasters large variable fan is running at minimum speed with FS running. Nice and quiet, but it should ramp up if the CPU is at full speed.

Mind you, the machine must be ready for FS11 !!!

Even turning up all the sliders has a negative impact on FRs, so I am running with the best setup I can to achieve the best possible FR. And that large 24 inch screen has a hit as well. Ah well, I should be future proofed at least.

I am not trying to score brownie points, but am disappointed that my investment is not what I was expecting.

Unfortunatly, my old spare screen is now defunct, so I must run with one screen now, funds are depleted.

Will have to start learning how to network FS to my old machine.

Frank F