[jhb] Re: FSX Scenery Download

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:23:10 +0100

Three letter codes used in the US and Canada are not recognised by ICAO but
are purely for their own benefit. As only about a third of the total number
of airfields have ICAO codes it makes sense to try and categorise the rest -
something the UK should do.

I guess the only option is to file as we do in real life and put ZZZZ for
any non coded airport. The airfield name should be included in the Remarks
box under DEP/ or DEST/ as appropriate.