[jhb] Re: FS Commander 9

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 17:47:19 +0100

I'm still using the FS9 version. When the first FSX version emerged it was said the other one wouldn't work with FSX. I contacted the owner, telling him it worked perfectly, so I didn't need buy the upgrade. I received an abusive reply, saying he was the designer and knew what I was saying was not true!

Still using it, for IFR flights.

He's a bit short on charm.

Gerry Winskill

On 09/06/2012 15:26, Mike Lucas wrote:
I'm in the same position as Paul.  I was annoyed when the FSC developers
brought out V9 and discontinued V8's ability to display live ATC positions
- but I soon realised that I didn't rely on it, so I have continued with
V8.6 (plus Plan-G and Routefinder).

Keep your £20 for something else, John!

Mike L

On 9 June 2012 12:31, Paul Reynolds<paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

**
 From memory, the major changes were improved interface with ability to
handle XML files,
the inclusion the ability to set altitude restrictions within the flight
plan,
connectivity to Google Earth making it an alternative to Plan-G should you
wish, though why would you when Plan-G is free.<g>
Export the plan to the FMC of a few more aircraft types

I downloaded the original FS9 trial and although the interface is nicer in
some ways I am like you and never updated.  Having said that, I still use
FSC 8.6 on a regular basis though not exclusively,  I'll also
use routefinder online (http:/rfinder.asalink.net/free) for heavy metal
routes or plan-G for VFR.

Is it worth an additional £20?  A personal choice, not for me though  I
paid for FSC7 then again to upgrade to  FSC8 so I think they've had enough
of my money when I can do evrything I require without the additional
features.

Paul