Re: yahoo messenger question

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:18:12 -0400

Matt, I remember this problem.
The helpful hint that I had for Jaws 6 said:
The contact list has a focus issue with Jaws.
So when you first bring up the main yahoo messenger window,
use your jaws cursor and left double click a contact name and open
a conversation,
Then once you alt tab back to the main  yahoo messenger window, you can
use the pc cursor to up and down arrow the contact list.
But it sounds like you have even refined it even more to just single left
click on a name, smile.  And it seems like yahoo messenger 7 has the same
issue.
The scripts for yahoo messenger that come with Jaws 7.0 and 7.1 address this
problem.  But unfortunately I don't know of any scripts for Jaws 5.1 that
work with yahoo messenger 7.
Debbie