Re: vistar and jaws

  • From: "brandon b" <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 00:35:43 -0700

Before I start, I'm running Vista on my laptop duel core 1.8GHZ, 1GB ram,
1. What does not work perfectly yet?
some windows don't read properly. I've noticed some problems with the telnet built into windows[it's not on by default, for those who are wondering, turn it on in programs and features]--(it seems to lose all lines but the last one when using jaws cursor to read output), but for the most part, it works fine with things. Other clients for telnet protical, such as portal, or tera term work fine. There's also some very noticeable sluggishness in windows mail, the outlook express like that is included for email.
2. What is jaws like on vista in comparison to xp?
As I said above, it's a little sluggish at certain points, some due to the OS, and some due to jaws. E.g. jaws sometimes acts sluggish in windows explorer or when calling up a folder. I think explorer just takes a lot of memory , someone at fs correct me if I'm wrong. For the most part, it's very usable though. Doesn't freeze nearly as much.
3. I use MS outlook, thunderbird, microsoft word and excel as well as
Internet explorer and fire fox. Are these applications likely to work
with jaws on vista?
yes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "daniel dalton" <daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx>
I just have a few questions about jaws and vista.
1. What does not work perfectly yet?
2. What is jaws like on vista in comparison to xp?
3. I use MS outlook, thunderbird, microsoft word and excel as well as
Internet explorer and fire fox. Are these applications likely to work
with jaws on vista?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Daniel Dalton,

Web:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/

Contact details.

Email:
daniel.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Or:
daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx

Msn:
Daniel638@xxxxxxxxx
Skype:
Daniel_3680

If you add me to skype or msn please send an email telling me who you
are.
Note: I don't check my msn address for emails. So if you email please
use one of my email addresses above.