Re: strangeness after adding something to the Jaws dictionary

  • From: "Jon C. Pierson" <jpierson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:06:40 -0700

Hello,

Didyou perhaps say "Y" to a question an somehow you added the letter y as a substitution for a space in the dictionary manager? Just a thought.

Jon C. Pierson

At 08:48 PM 9/9/2005, you wrote:
Hi All,
I just added something to my Jaws dictionary, and I've been to two web pages
since that time and after almost every word Jaws is saying the letter y.  It
does fine when reading e-mails and such, any idea what might be going on?

In case what I added to the dictionary may have something to do with it, I
play poker on the AllInPlay site and one of the people's names that I play
against wasn't being pronounced right by Jaws.  He's known as blind Mike but
the two words are run together with no capital letters so it is pronounced
blindmike.  I went into the dictionary then and typed it the way that it
shows and then for the replacement I separated the two words.

I tried rebooting and that still didn't help so if anybody has any ideas as
to what I can do I'd appreciate it, I can't read anything on the internet
with Jaws doing this.  Smile.
Troy

Jon C. Pierson