something wierd when spell checking a word document with jaws 7

  • From: "Nicol Oosthuizen" <NOosthuizen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <help_needed_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blcompusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:36:09 +0200

NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice

----
When I spell check a document in word, jaws is repeatedly saying:
displays the name of the window and contains controls to manipulate it.
Instead of giving me the actual mistake the spell checker displays it
says this to me. When I press insert+escape it gives me the mistake but
when the next mistake comes up I again hear: displays the name of the
window and contains controls to manipulate it. Instead of hearing what
the mistake is the spell checker is displaying. Then I have to press
insert+escape repeatedly.  Even when I press insert+f7 to give me the
mistake it says this instead of reading the actual mistake. When I press
insert+escape it works fine  until the next mistake is displayed then it
says this again instead of displaying the actual mistake.  I have turned
tool tips off in the verbosity dialogue in the jaws configuration
manager and I have turned screen  tips off in the options dialogue under
the tools menu of word and also turned screen tips off in the customize
dialogue under the tools menu; the options tab. But it doesn't solve the
problem

Any help on how to correct this problem permanently?

thanks