something very annoying in outlook 2003

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 20:39:43 +0200

HI all
I'm experiencing the following annoyance when I'm busy downloading e-mail in
outlook 2000 .
I'm using jaws  Version 7.00.135
Sometimes I click the icon on my desktop that will automatically dial  my
ISP but sometimes I just want to download mail and then disconnect
immediately again, so then I immediately go to outlook and I press control+m
for send and receive, because I have set outlook so that I will hang up
automatically after sending and receiving but this setting only works if I
pressed control+m  while in  outlook while I'm disconnected, if I first
click on the  connection icon on  my desktop and after dialing completed I
go into outlook, outlook doesn't hang up after sending and receiving.
But ok done with the mumbo jumbo, here is the annoyance that I'm getting.
The moment  dial up completes, jaws tells me that I'm connected. My
connection's name is telkom internet so jaws will say:
Telkom internet is now connected, speed 46 kbps. Now  This is still ok, I
don't mind jaws telling me once what the speed of my connection is. But now
I am busy downloading mail now I press my insert+page down keystroke to
check  the progress of messages being downloaded because jaws reads to me
how many messages are there if I press insert+page down.
If its busy downloading mail jaws will say 0 items receiving message 1 of
60. Now here is really my problem, now I'm really done with the mumbo jumbo.
If I press insert+page down    when outlook is busy downloading mail, jaws
will only say: 0 items speed 46 kbps. When I then press insert+escape once
jaws still says  0 items speed 46 KBPS. After pressing insert+escape a lot
of times jaws says: eiving message 1 of 60, and sometimes it says age one of
60.
I have to hit insert+escape like crazy before it properly reads the
statusline to me:  0  items, receiving message 1 of 60. 0 items meaning
there is currently no messages in the current folder.
Why does jaws read to me the speed of my dial up when I press the status
line keystroke within outlook? and why doesn't it say the words 0 items
receiving message so of so properly? Why do I have to hit insert+escape
zillions of times for it to read the status line correctly?
Is there somewhere a setting not correct?
I hope my message came through as clear as water and not as clear as mud,
lol
Hope anyone can help