RE: software questions

  • From: "Gary" <ghale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:10:06 -0600

I dropped Mcafee antivirus with over two years remaining on my contract with
them. I'm not as versed with JAWS as others on this list, but I tried three
screen readers (including JAWS) and finally decided to lose some money and
drop Mcafee and use Avast.

Now, I use Microsoft Security Essentials, but I was reluctant to give up
Avast (free version) because I like its accessibility with JAWS and its good
reviews for effectiveness. Now, I'm equally happy with MS Security
Essentials--it's a good product, don't let the Microsoft haters dissuade
you!

To make a long story... well, longer, I lost money by dropping Mcafee and I
never looked back!

Gary