sluggish jaws 5.00844

  • From: "Shari Weir" <shariweir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:38:10 -0600

Hi All, I recently installed Jaws 5.00844. When the verbosity settings are left
at FS settings, everything in IE 6 works fine. When I made changes -- i.e.,
turning off frames, headings, lists, flash, etc. -- it cut down on the chatter,
but pages load much slower. I have DSL, so I'm used to quick browsing. With the
verbosity changes, I feel like I'm back to a dial-up internet connection. I'm
using Windows 98 SE.
Is the slowdown normal? Anything I can do to get back to regular browsing speed?

Thanks,
Shari