Re: skype contact list has disappeared, problem solved!

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 04:30:31 -0500

In Skype 1.4, the contact list acts a bit like a treeView, so
leftArrow closes sections of it and rightArrow opens them again.  The
Skype 2.0 contact list is not like that though.

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 05:31:17PM -0600, Chris Skarstad wrote:
                        Ok, just a few minutes after I sent my original
message,  I tried something just out of curiocity, and it worked.  To get
the list back, I had to double left click on the number of contacts
currently online.  Then, whadaya know, the list is back and al is well.
Just thought I'd pass that bit of information on to anyone who may
experience the problem.

At 04:58 PM 1/2/2006, you wrote:
>                                                        Hi
>
>Subject line tells the story.
>I can no longer see my skype contact list, it's like it has completely
>disappeared. I have not upgraded the software to the beta, and I haven't
>made any changes to any other software that may effect it.  The only
>things I can see on the screen are that there are 3 contacts online out of
>the 22 i have on the list, but I don't see any way of calling them or
>seing their online status.
>I had this happen once before and I was able to fix it, but unfortunately
>I can't remember how i did it. Any help is very much appreciated. I'm
>using skype version 1.4, not the 2.0 beta.I have atempted to click with
>the JAWS cursor in several areas of the skype window and have atempted to
>right click and left click, but nothing helps.
>Thanks for any help.
>

>It was here 5 minutes ago, but it's gone now.
>

>--

Doug Lee                 dgl@xxxxxxxx
SSB + BART Group         doug@xxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.bartsite.com
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin