setting up a citrix environment

  • From: "Kellerer, Georg \(LfU\)" <Georg.Kellerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:12:48 +0200

Hi,

i am new to this list and want to introduce myself. My name is Georg
Kellerer and i am a software developper from Germany. at the moment, in
my company we try to set up an citrix environment so that i can work
with some published applications. It took as a hard time to figure out
that we had to make a policy within the citrix server to allow virtual
channels. Now, remotespeech works but remotebraile doesn't. When i start
a published application, i can work with speech support but my braille
display shows only the graphics of the citrix client windows but not the
application. When i switch to the jaws cursor, even the speech support
only tells about unnamed graphics. So i have got a bunch of pestions:
1) is there another way to configure virtual channels in the citrix
presentation server than a policy?
2) my local distributoor thought, the number of virtual channels might
be to low. could anybody tell me, where i can increase them?
3) in the module.ini of my citirix ica-client, there are a lot of
virtual drivers active. Does anyone know which one of them are obsolete
to get more free channels availbable for Jaws?

My systems:
client: jfw7.1 on winxpprosp2 with V9.230.50211, office 2003
Server: Jfw7.10 with /type remote installed, citrix metaframe xp feature
release 3 sp4, win2k sp4
office 2000 sr1

Thx alot,
Georg