Re: sapy voices, do they work with jaws?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:21:08 -0800

Hi,

If you read the explanation from Freedom Scientific (on the FSWeb site, as I
recall) as to how they're hoping these additional voices will be used by us,
their suggestion is to set things up (which has been discussed here,
already, I think) so that you can use a SAPI voice, if you wish, to kick in
during Say All when you're reading an email or a text file or Word doc, in
other words in reading situations that are hands off and more leisurely, but
leave the Eloquence (that's the built-in voice synthesizer software with
Jaws) for every other purpose, so the SAPI voice doesn't become a complete
*substitute* for Eloquence. it isn't intended for that, as they explain,
delicately implying, as I recall, that the SAPI voices can't respond as
quickly to typing, Web navigation and text editing as the Eloquence voice
can.

hope that helps. There are instructions, as I understand it, right in Jaws
help or on the SAPI installation disc, about how to set it up to work this
way.

imply8n----- Original Message -----